Free weekly French informal classes
You would like to gain skills or confidence in French ?
Let’s meet up :
- every Tuesday at 5:30 pm for a free French workshop for intermediate learners (for people having some knowledge of French),
- every Thursday at 5.30pm for a free informal French course for total beginners.
The objectives of the workshops are to :
- learn or revise how to manage in the most common day-to-day situations,
- get an initiation or further teachings to the French culture (art, cultural habits, events, tourism, etc.),
- learn or revise the basics of some of the main vocabulary themes,
- learn or revise additional linguistics skills (grammar, syntax, pronunciation), depending on the specific needs and wishes of the group, including individual tutoring.
The workshops focus mainly on reading/listening exercises and discussions.
The objectives of the course for total beginners are to :
- get an introduction to the basics : alphabet and its pronunciation, French phonological system, basics of articles, pronouns, adjectives, numbers, gender, grammatical number, conjugation, syntax, vocabulary, etc.
- get basic skills : everyday expressions, satisfaction of basic needs, being able to introduce oneself, to ask and answer questions about personal details, and to interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
The teacher uses of a wide variety of materials (newspapers, audio excerpts, movies, reports, literature, slang, etc.)
The classes take place in a cosy place at Forest Centre Plus, close to Edinburgh Castle.
Anybody can join the classes, and at any time, whatever one’s former experience.
Au plaisir :)
Room : Sofa room, at the end of the corridor, after the second door.